protein & calcium (because so many people want to know where you can get them from!) people need, on average, 45g of protein per day and 1,000mg of calcium per day.
Get vitamin B12 from nutritional yeast, marmite, and cereals & non-dairy milks fortified with B12.
Read more about iron, soy, and omega-3 fatty acids. (pages 22-26.)
working with food
(these link to the apple store, but many of them have android counterparts as well.)
- Feedly - I follow lots of food and lifestyle blogs, then read new posts on the go with this app.
- MyFitnessPal - For tracking daily food, nutrients, and exercise. It’s the easiest app I’ve used for this purpose.
- GoodGuide - When I’m in the grocery store, I use it to check the overall “score” of a product that might be greenwashed.
- Locavore - A reference app that shows you what foods are in season and where the closest farmer’s markets/shops are to you.
- Pinterest - Follow vegan food & product boards for constant inspiration.
- VeganYumYum Mobile - Step-by-step instructions of recipes (with photos!) from Vegan Yum Yum, one of the best vegan blogs out there.
- Wunderlist - For making grocery lists and much more.
- Yelp - If you travel, this is great to find good vegan food in the area.
*streaming on Netflix
** free online