We’ve partnered with Hipster Food, one of our favorite vegan tastemakers, to celebrate the success of our tumblr so far! For the month of January, we’ll be posting original vegan recipes featuring WestSoy deliciousness!
Tofu Lasagne Rolls
Yields 4 servings
These lasagne rolls are a great way to make a “fancy”-looking dinner without it actually taking that much time or effort. Filled with a fresh Westsoy tofu ricotta and topped with a hearty tomato sauce, this is a flavorful meal that’s perfect for cold days this winter.
This makes enough for a square glass pan, if you’re going for a rectangular pan I’d double everything here. Serves 4.
Tofu Ricotta Ingredients
1 block firm Westsoy tofu
1 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp onion powder
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tsp salt
few cracks of freshly ground pepper
(optional but highly recommended) handful fresh basil leaves, minced
11 sheets lasagne
1 28oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 small onion, diced
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
2 handfuls button mushrooms, diced
2 heaping handfuls spinach, or destemmed & chopped kale
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp olive or coconut oil
salt & pepper
1. Mash all of the tofu ricotta ingredients together with a fork, until it’s broken apart and the consistency of ricotta. Set aside.
2. Set your oven to 350°F. Put the lasagne into a pot of boiling water and let cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cut up your vegetables. Toss the onion, garlic, and mushrooms into a large hot pan with the oil. Let cook on high until the onions are caramelized, about 5-7 minutes. Stir every so often to prevent burning.
4. Toss the greens, crushed tomato, and balsamic vinegar into the pan. Let cook on medium-low for another 10 minutes. At the last minute, add the salt & pepper to taste.
5. When everything’s prepped, pour a layer of sauce on the bottom of your baking pan. Take a cooked lasagne sheet and spread on the ricotta. Roll it up and place in the pan. Repeat until the pan is full. Pour the rest of the sauce on and put it in the oven for 30 minutes.
Serve with almond parmesan & fresh basil, and maybe some quickie garlic bread. Enjoy!
So happy to be making some of our favorite (ever) unposted recipes for one of our favorite foods. These lasagne rolls are loved by everybody who comes over to our house :)