i made these super quick pizzas for lunch today. these specifically include:
- our quick pizza dough
- tomato sauce
- salted & herbed cashew cheese (make this in advance and you can use it for everything!)
- mushrooms & onions first browned in coconut oil then reduced with white wine
- salt & pepper on top
my favorite part is how easily the dough comes together - we make it with our roommates at least once a week for pizza, calzones, hot pockets, etc. these work best on a pizza stone but a regular metal pan is fine too. try it out for a thin-crusted easy dinner or lunch!
lunch today: lemon tea & spinach wrap with hummus, white beans, cucumber, crunchy sprouts, greens, and quick-pickled red onions.
a few tips for a great wrap:
- always include something green and something hearty - it gives any sandwich a good contrast. (here the veg and thick hummus are both wonderful.)
- don’t overfill your wrap if you’re new to making them, as it makes it harder to keep it all together and has more potential to break.
- chop your greens!! unless you like trying to bite through a giant piece of lettuce or spinach. it really makes a difference.
- if you have the access, always toast the outside of your wrap - it makes it taste so much better and takes no time to do. put it in a medium-hot pan and just heat it up on both sides until golden brown. bonus - brown the overlapping part and it’ll stay closed easier.
i’ve noticed that our last couple of weeks of posts have been all green! i’m in the mood to make a dessert, something really amazing…let me know in the comments section what kind you’d like to see :)