This quick little dish comes together with barely any effort and both looks and tastes great, especially in the summertime.
- 10 medium carrots, peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- 1 tbsp sweet mustard, or 1 tbsp mixture dijon mustard & a little sugar/maple syrup
- 1 tsp neutral oil (i used safflower)
- 3-4 drops liquid smoke (found near BBQ sauce in the grocery store)
- sprinkle of sea salt
- cracked pepper
- Whisk (or fork) together all ingredients except for the carrots.
- Peel the carrots and cut off the ends. Chop the carrots into matchstick pieces, then stir into the mustard mixture to coat.
- Enjoy as a sandwich topping, a quick snack, or a side to a bigger meal. Serve cold. Makes about 2 cups.