like our fancy stuffed pears, this is the kind of meal you might make when you’re trying to impress a small gathering of people, without doing a ton of hard work. most of the labor of this meal is just waiting around for it to be done, so it’s not really “work.” it’ll serve 2-3 people, so either double the recipe or add on some sides, like rice and/or some nice sauteed veggies.
1. about an hour before you start this, press a block of tofu. this will make the texture more chewy and substantial.
2. roast some garlic. (take an entire bulb of garlic, remove the outer skin, and chop off the top inch , revealing the cloves inside. place the bulb inside a muffin tin or in a ramekin, to keep it steady. drizzle olive oil over the top, and roast in a 350F oven for 30-35 minutes.)
3. while the garlic is roasting, marinate the tofu in a mixture of veggie (or mushroom) broth, salt, a dash of liquid sweetener, and spices of your choice.
4. take out the garlic, and let it cool. slice an onion into bite-size strips. slice 2 lemons. place the onions on the bottom of a baking sheet.
5. slice the tofu in have width wise, so you have two “burger” sized pieces (rather than “hot dog” sized pieces, if that makes sense.) then slice those into triangles. take a clove or two of the roasted garlic and smear it on top of the tofu pieces. place the triangles on top of the onions, then add the lemons on top.
6. drizzle olive oil and sprinkle sea salt & your favorite herbs over top of the whole pan. (the herbs we used for this were oregano, sage, thyme, and thai basil.)
7. take one medium-sized squash, slice it in half lengthwise, and coat the flat side with a mixture of olive oil, sea salt, and brown sugar. place on the pan flat side up.
8. bake at 350F for at least one hour, or until the tofu is crispy on the edges. flip the squash halves over halfway through cooking, to crisp up the insides.
serve hot and enjoy!
- avaprocknow likes this
- vegideas reblogged this from hipsterfood
- allysun18 reblogged this from hipsterfood
- fatinameena reblogged this from hipsterfood
- elianarowe likes this
- granneola likes this
- batonette likes this
- edibleandtasty reblogged this from hipsterfood
- porcurafe likes this
- trampoline4w reblogged this from hipsterfood
- disappointed-by-society reblogged this from hipsterfood
- toolizzit2quit likes this
- sixtyfourwest likes this
- high-children likes this
- yesinspired likes this
- paravivir reblogged this from veganfeast
- paravivir likes this
- madelainehope reblogged this from hipsterfood
- madelainehope likes this
- mimicakezz likes this
- mfemme likes this
- sproutrobot likes this
- wildfflowers likes this
- itrhymeswithcannibal reblogged this from hipsterfood
- xbiscuitpowerx likes this
- lauratheoutlandish likes this
- half-formed-things likes this
- housecruz reblogged this from veganfeast
- vickiii likes this
- thamonster likes this
- elyseashley likes this
- theveganhooligan likes this
- tenpasthappiness reblogged this from veganfeast
- ghostofatotalstranger likes this
- spitandtears likes this
- beatnicbetty likes this
- woodenlegs likes this
- aveganpizzaparty likes this
- spooky-nomates likes this
- replek likes this
- veganfeast reblogged this from hipsterfood
- dogwalksandmasonjars likes this
- flesh-roza likes this
- adesideratum likes this
- yeeeebis2 reblogged this from hipsterfood
- ooosospooky likes this
- alnnh likes this
- sarah-adele likes this
- instantdebbi likes this